A true group project, the making of an animated film calls up a full array of knowledge, know-how and social skills. A fun-filled and practical learning experience that contributes to the education of tomorrow’s citizens. Camera-etc coordinates workshops in primary and secondary schools, as a result of the décret "Culture/Ecole" (Culture/School decree) of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
In 10 days of working with the Camera-etc leaders, the students (usually a class) make an animated film and in so doing discover each step of the filmmaking process: writing the screenplay, making the characters and the set/scenery, shooting and sound (voices, sound effects and music).
A typical sequence of course events:
- Day 1: Presentation of the subject and introduction to animated films
- Day 2: Creation of the screenplay and creation of the storyboard
- Days 3 to 7: Making the characters and the set/scenery, shooting frame by frame
- Editing by animators in the Camera-etc studio
- Days 8 and 9: Sound, sound effects, dialogues, music
- Sound mixing by animators in the Camera-etc studio
- Day 10: Show the film, evaluation