The 2018 selected artist is Boris PRAMATAROV for a residency in October, November & December 2019.
No call in 2019.
Camera-etc, in partnership with RAVI – the Vivegnis International Residences/Workshop, offers a residence for 1 to 3 months, for a non-narrative and experimental cinema project. This call is opened to filmmakers and artists whose work includes moving images and sounds, living in Belgium or aboard.
The selected artist will benefit from:
- A workspace (+/- 100m²) during a limited period of time (1-3 months)
- An apartment that may be shared with another resident
- The payment of a scholarship of 600 euros/month
- The assistance of an animator or a technician from Camera-etc if needed
- Camera-etc material or image & sound studios if needed
- Connections with contemporary art structures (artists, art critic, art gallery)
- Promotion of the work of artists by means of specific communication materials for each activity (website, flyers and for exhibitions, mailings for specific events, publication)
- An “open workshops” exhibition organized four times a year by RAVI
An application must be submitted to the artistic committee, which will select the resident artist based on the quality of his work and the implemented project. It is asked to imperatively detail the application respecting this order - The applications that do not meet these guidelines will be rejected :
- The duly filled deposit form of the project
- A note of intent detailing the project (max. 5000 characters),
- A structured and succinct note of intent detailing the research topics and the proposed project (max. 5000 characters),
- A project implementation schedule based on a 1 to 3 months residence.
- A resume
- Examples of recent works (max. 10), all publications likely to clarify the understanding of the work and a mention to a reference website
By 30 september 2018 (the date of the postmark) :
• A complete file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visuals should be sent by WeTransfer.
• A Short file (including the application, the CV, the note of intent and visual) by post to the administration of the Deputy Mayor of Culture of the City of Liège, to the attention of Camera-etc, rue de Visé 490, 4020 Liège, Belgium
Announcement of the selection: Beginning of November 2018
For further information: email@example.com – 0032 4 253 59 97